Council Plans Constitution Study as Probe Committee Drafts Revisions

Investigation Group Seis Next Meeting for September 23, Submits Scheme to Hanford

As the Student Council tentatively planned a fall examination of its own organization, the committee for investigation of Council activities completed its own study of the Council constitution and Raymond J. Considine '48, of Leveret House, chairman of the committee, drafted the revised constitution in preparation of presenting it to Dean Hanford for the University's approval.

The investigation committee plans to meet the first day of the fall term, in order to discuss submitting the new constitution to the Student Council, so that the latter body may have the opportunity of calling for a student vote before the committee takes action on its own part.

Tentative plans for introduction of the proposals to the student body were decided upon at a meeting of the investigation committee last week. The CRIMSON has announced its cooperation in printing a special edition, featuring the old constitution in one column, the new in the second column, and the reasons for the proposed changes in the third. Plans for the Crimson Network to sponsor a series of discussions on the subject are as yet amorphous.

Edric A. Weld '46, chairman of the Student Council Summer Committee, said last night that, as a member of the Council, he would gladly accept any and all proposals for consideration.