Boston Globe Proves Astounding Intuition, Scoops Strauss Story

Hamilton F. Potter, Jr. '50, the "jilted Freshman" who advertised yesterday for "120 lbs. of American womanhood," found his CRIMSON want ad successful--in fact, amazingly so.

Walking into his room, B-31 Straus Hall, at three o'clock yesterday afternoon, Potter found himself confronted by no less than seven Radcliffe girls. By a coincidence so startling that it is almost cerie, also present were a reporter and photographer from the Boston Globe.

Reluctant to talk at first because he feared the loss of promised copies of the pictures taken, Potter finally admitted, "I walked into my room. A big crowd was milling around. I didn't know what to do."

Things Explode

Added one of his more loquacious roommates, "The girls throw their arms around him and flash bulbs exploded in his face."

Bystanders agreed that until the Globe staff exhibits its crystal ball, the story will "smell of something more than the Cliffedwellers' perfume."

Although it remains a moot point whether Potter owes his success to the ruthlessness of Radcliffe students or to the perspicacity of the Boston Globe, he still is one of the few College Freshmen who has a dinner date this evening.