Council Names Sixteen for Fall Nominating Committee

Varies Procedure by Picking 2 From Each House, Dudley; Field Now Open to Petitions

To implement a long docket of projects for the coming year, the Student Council at its regular weekly meeting last night went ahead with plans to fill its quota in a fall election by appointing a 16-man nominating committee.

Frankly admitting that the present confusion in Class lines made the ordinary constitutional procedure impractical, the Council accepted the proposal of its President, Levin H. Campbell '48, to select two members from each House and the commuter group in addition to four Council members.

Names put forward and approved were obtained by Campbell upon the recommendations of University Hall officials and the Counselor for Veterans Office. The men concerned are being notified by mail today.

House Representatives.

Representing Lowell House are George I. Bell '48, chairman, and Roger S. Kuhn '48; Kirkland House, Joseph D. Everingham '49 and Edus H. Warren, Jr. '46; Leverett House, George J. Keegan '44 and Robert S. Sturgis '44; Adams House, Lewis Freeman '46 and Phillip M. Stern '47.

Winthrop, Hallowell Bowser '44 and Richard D. Kleindienst '49; Eliot, William W. Cowan '47 and Wallace A. Weeks '45; Dunster, James D. Dodge '44 and Francis C. Hall, Jr. '46; and Dudley Commuters, Leonard Cummings '44 and Michael J. Deleo '45.

Bell, Kuhn, Sturgis, and Warren are the Council representatives.

Among the first reports of he sub-groups appointed Monday was that of Edus Warren's InterHouse Social Committee whose proposal for a College-wide dance after the Yale game was unanimously endorsed.

Sophomore PT on Way Out

Elimination of required exercise for Sophomores as recommended by the Director of Athletics approached a step nearer reality as the Council, acting on a Dean's Office request, forwarded the opinion that the action would meet with student approval.

Ideas of using club facilities to alleviate the housing crisis in a small degree were shelved for the time being on the word of Associate Dean Robert B. Watson '37 that the problem was "not pressing enough" to warrant breaking the rule.

Nominations for elections to the Student Council may be filed by Upperclassmen beginning today by submitting a petition with at least 25 signatures to the Council, office, Phillips Brooks House.