Wrestling Squads Hit Hardest Tests Early This Term

Varsity, Yardling Matmen Face Army and Exeter Tests with Unblemished Season Records

Undefeated in all their meets so far this year, the Freshman and Varsity wrestling teams swing into the hardest parts of their schedules with the start of the spring term. On the first Saturday of the new 16 week session the Varsity meets the unbeaten Cadets from the United States Military Academy in the indoor Athletic Building, while the Yardlings face Exeter at Exeter.

Although they scored one-sided victories over M.I.T. and Tufts in their first two meets, Varsity wrestling coach Chief Boston is quick to point out that his wrestlers are inexperienced and have not yet met any top-flight opposition. "When we start meeting the colleges with consistently good past records, we'll be able to tell how good we are," Chief asserted yesterday.

On Saturday most of the first-string Varsity grapplers will journey down to New London to face the Coast Guard Academy sailors in an unofficial meet, according to Boston "to give the boys some experience and keep them fit."

Well stocked with talent the Freshman wrestlers under Coach Jay Thomas, a former Oklahoma A. and M. grappler, started off their season with an impressive win over Milton Academy, breaking a six-year winning skein of Milton wrestling teams. Pre-game dope promises that the Exeter meet will be close although Thomas expects the real tests to come in the matches with other college Freshman teams.