Wallace Will Argue Peace Chances in Forum Tonight

Henry A. Wallace will assert "We Can Have Peace" tonight when he addresses an audience that the AVC yesterday predicted would fill the Soldiers Field diamond to the outer limits of its 7,500 capacity. The program, on which the former Vice-President of the United States is the main speaker, will start at 8:30 o'clock.

While weather forecasts continued to warn of low temperatures for the precedent-shattering use of the diamond, AVC chapter Chairman Stanley G. Karson'48 declared that the speech, originating where Secretary of State George C. Marshall first enunciated his "Plan," would rank among Wallace's most important utterances.

Coast-to-coast coverage will be given the address by the Mutual Network, which will carry an abbreviated and transcribed version from 10:30 to 11 o'clock.

Speaks at Lowell

Wallace is expected to reach Cambridge shortly before 7 o'clock this evening, following an afternoon speech in Lowell. He will go directly to the Faculty Club, where Harlow Shapley, Paine Professor of Practical Astronomy, will tender him a dinner. Karl T. Compton, president of M.I.T. will be among those in the party.

Accompanied by Provost Buck, Student Council President Edric A. Weld, Jr. '46, the Rev, Fred B. Kellog, and Karson, Wallace will leave the Faculty Club and mount the newly-constructed platform to the rear of the pitcher's mound in time to start the program at 8:30 o'clock.

Kellog will give the invocation at the forum, and Weld and Provost Buck will speak for the student body and the faculty, respectively, before Karson introduces Wallace.

Holds Press Conference

The address will last approximately 45 minutes, Karson said last night.

In a press conference given yesterday at the Hotel Somerset, Wallace told reporters that he would not abandon the Democratic Party unless he became convinced that the party's foreign policy was leading towards war.

He said that if the Republicans nominate Governor Dewey it would mean that the G.O.P. was definitely committed to what he called a war policy, and characterized as "unfortunate" the bi-partisan aspects of President Truman's foreign policy.