Indian Freshmen Scalp '51 Eleven 19-6 at Hanover

Sweating on the dusty Indian Freshman field in a 90 degree heatwave, the '51 football team outrushed their Dartmouth counterparts by more than 75 yards but couldn't take advantage of their sustained drives and lost Saturday morning's ball game 19 to 6.

Quarterback Kevin Reiliy came in for Ed Stearns at the half and sustained a concussion almost immediately. He played out the half without realizing his injury, however, but didn't remember the game afterward. Halfback Carl Bottenfield left the game after the first period, also with a concussion.

The Indians scored first in the second period on two pass plays. On the first play after the ensuing kickoff, Dartmouth recovered a Crimson fumble and scored again through the line a few plays later.

The only Harvard tally came in the third frame as Johnny White climaxed a 77 yard drive with an off tackle slant from the Dartmouth 11. A 40 yard run by White had helped set up the score.

Dartmouth scored again in the last quarter on a freak 50 yard run by Bob Tyler. In the final minutes the Crimson drove to the Green 15, but one of many fumbles in the game killed the scoring opportunity.

The Harvard lineup: le, Bender; It, Sedgwick; lg, Coyne; c, O'Brien; rg, Rosenau; rt, Sitter; re, Emmons; qb, Stearns; lhb, Bottenfield; rhb, West; fb, White.