Yardlings Thwack Bellboys While Dudley tops Adams

Davis Proves Spark In Yardling Putsch

Late period scoring featured intramural gridiron clashes yesterday afternoon as the Yard eleven romped over Lowell House, 13 to 0, and Dudley Hall's Commuters squeezed by Adams House, 6 to 0.

Roger Davis, the Yardlings' speediest back, almost personally accounted for the Bollboys' defeat, crashing through for both touchdowns. Each of the scores was set up by intercepted Lowell passes.

Three Scoreless Quarters

After a see-saw battle for the first three quarters, Davis opened the final period by toting a Bellboy punt back to the Lowell 35-yard line. Lowell held for downs, but two plays later the first fatal interception occurred. On the next try from scrimmage, Davis went'33 yards off tackle to score. The try for point was wide.

After the next kick-off the Bellboys again started a passing attack, but the second interception and a Yardling play brought the ball back to the one-yard line, Davis punched it over, and the point after was good on a short pass over the center of the line.

Three Scoreless Quarters

A. 75 yard drive in the waning minutes of the third quarter culminated in the only score of the Adams House-Dudley Hall fracas. Dave Bishop and Matty Greeley sparked the Commuters' drive, taking turns shopping off considerable chunks of yardage, but John Gepchuk sliced over from the 12-yard line for the tally.