Booters Pointing For Jumbos amid Flood of Injuries

The annual flock of early season injuries arrived to plague the soccer team yesterday, when Phil Potter, first-string inside forward reported with an injured knee and center halfback Dave Ogden developed an infected foot. Both may be lost for the opening game of the season with Tufts on Saturday.

High scorer last year, Potter twisted his leg during practice on Tuesday and was unable to run on it yesterday, while Ogden, the outstanding defenseman on the squad, was laid low by a blistered heel.

Although practices this week were primarily designed to round the squad into condition, MacDonald emphasized position play on Wednesday and yesterday. "I'm not at all satisfied with the way the team covers back on defense," he commented, "and we'll probably have to work on it for a couple of weeks.

Squad to see Movies

Today the booters get a taste of a modernized coaching plan. Instead of running through plays and scrimmages this afternoon the team will watch movies of several British professional soccer games as MacDonald figures they may absorb some of the finer points of the game while resting the day before a game.

Poley Guyda, the Freshman soccer coach, is having his troubles welding a team out of the steadily increasing number of Yardlings who want to play association football. With the opening game with Tabor Academy coming up tomorrow at Marion, Guyda spent the week trying to weed out a first team, in the process beating a pick-up Jayvee team 4-1, on Wednesday.