B.U., Harvard Vandals Swap Raids; Rally Torches Light yard Tonight

Stadium Sod Bears 15-Yard 'B.U.' Brand

Boston University-Harvard vandalism climaxed its second straight night with a 15-yard "B.U." burned in the Soldiers Field gridiron, defacement of John Harvard, and a rash of blue and crimson "H's" on buildings and sidewalks across the river-all discovered early this morning.

Usually stoic John Harvard blushed scarlet over a "B.U."-lettered waistcoat as seven car-loads of Terrier students touched off kerosene poured in the symbol "BU" and stretching from the 50 yard line southward to the 35. Firemen and Yard police armed with guns arrived to find seared, black turf facing their hoses.

Also hit in the second straight night of paint splashing were the Widener Gate facing Massachusetts Avenue, the main entrance to Lowell House, and the Owl Club.

At B. U., what appeared to be two groups of students struck twice with paint at Terrier buildings, leaving huge blue and red "H's" emblazoned on dormitories, administrative buildings, and a student cafeteria.

Two-Feet Monogram

The first group, using crimson paint, placed two-foot letters on B.U. structures lining Bay State Road and Commonwealth Ave. The cafeteria, reportedly hit Wednesday night, was repainted.

A second band, arriving considerably later, smeared the newly painted administrative building on Commonwealth Ave. with blue paint, defacing the concrete steps with the word "Harvard" and leaving blue blotches on the white walls.

Five Lowell House residents reported the seven cars parked on Soldiers Field Road to the University switchboard operator 20 minutes before the fire, and taking their license numbers, turned them over to the police. They also removed the distributor-heads from two