HAA Asks 360 Kids to Brown Game As PBH Experiment Proves Success

Settlement house kids make good guests at Varsity football games.

That's what the HAA has decided after checking on the behavior of a 200-boy, experimental group at the Rutgers game two weeks ago. As a result, 360 youths from 39 different settlement houses will watch tomorrow's game at the Stadium as guests of the HAA and PBH, Athletic Director William J. Bingham '16 disclosed yesterday.

Tomorrow's guests, Brooks explained, will sit together in sections 52 and 53 of the wooden stands. They will be shepherded by 40 leaders, including about 20 PBH volunteers. The boys range in age from 11 to 16.

Judging from thank-you notes received by PBH following the Rutgers game, the settlement boys are solidly behind the team. Here's a sample.

Dear Sir,

We were very pleased with the tickers to the football game and we all think it was very exciting harvard has a very strong team and we are sorry they lost thank-you very much for the tickets Yours truly,   Jackie Maciunts   Jackie Gardiner   Austin-Kelley   Ronald Gullivar   Thomas Ferrent

Norman R. Brooks '49, cochairman of the PBH Social Service Committee, yesterday expressed complete satisfaction with the behavior of the initial test group. "Actually," he commended, "the behavior of the settlement house kids at the Rousers game was lunch better than the general behavior of many of the undergraduate spectators.