Pudding Casting For 100th Revue Under Way Today

Already replete with book, songs, lyrics, and title, the Hasty Pudding Club's centennial production will gather momentum today and tomorrow when casting for principals and chorus is held in the Clubhouse. Tryouts for the musical, which will visit eight cities in a Christmas vacation road tour, are open to all upperclassmen.

This year's play, from the collective pens of "Speak For Yourself's" writing team of Craig Gilbert '47, William Scuder '48, and Courtney Crandall '46, finds its theme in the effects a supposedly magic elixir can have on the lives and loves of various citizens of Fairhaven, home of a ball team known as the Mudhens.

Belief in the omnipotent effects of this cure-all reforms a corrupt mayor, causes his daughter to see the light, and returns to the Mudhens their ace pitcher after an ill-started affair with an evil member of the opposing team. Sweetness, light, and reform are spread among all the citizenry.

Student manager of the show is W. Toud Parsons '48, who plans a five-day stand in Cambridge before the tour.