Council, Class Agree on '48 Election Plan

Set Tomorrow for Balloting in Houses

With voting procedures finally determined, balloting will take place tomorrow in all House dining halls to elect the '48 permanent class committee, termed "the most important permanent organization in the University" by Student Council President Edric A. Weld, Jr. '46.

After more than a week of controversy and close examination of election procedures, the Student Council and the Election Committee have produced a revised voting method which is a compromise between the recommendations of the two groups. The Council advocated a modified preferential ballot, whereas the Election Committee supported a purely numerical system.

Revised Voting Procedure

The approved arrangement was announced by Thomas A. Masterson '49, chairman of the Election Committee. It provides for numerical selection of the permanent committee and a preferential choice of the three class marshals. Voters will choose a minimum of four and a maximum of 12 men for the committee and will indicate with A, B, and C their preference for the class marshals.

Ballots will be mailed tonight to commuting members of the Class of '48 who are not included in the House lists. They must return their ballets to the Student Council Office before January 8.

Results of the election will be announced during the reading period.