Undergrads May Change Class Designations According to Old Ruling, Says Dean Borden

Students puzzled by the fact that they are members of the Class of 1948 and are graduating in 1950 can solve their problems by taking advantage of a lougdorment University ruling. Men may change their original class to the one with which they will graduate.

Assistant Dean Arthur R. Borden, Jr. '39 said yesterday that "any man may have his classification changed if, at the time of petitioning, his normal rate of work and planned program will enable him to meet the degree requirements during the calendar year in which his desired class will graduate."

This privileges, made possible for men displaced by time in service or credit granted them for service training, has been given undergraduate so they may attend reunions of the classes with which they are most closely affiliated.

Before the war men were not allowed to file petitions for class changes until they applied for degrees, but now they are permitted to petition immediately. Men are not, however, allowed to change to classes with which they will not have ample contact, nor will they be permitted to revise their class designations once they have graduated.

This system is expected to pass into comparative disuse with the graduating of men holding extra credit or displaced by the war.