Columbia Wrestlers Swamp Crimson, 22-6

Ray and Trinkle Only Winners As Lions Get Two Falls to Give Varsity Second Defeat

With a big Alumni Day crowd looking on Columbia's wrestling team took six out of eight bouts to hand the Crimson grapplers a decisive 22 to 6 setback, their second straight, in the Lion's Auxiliary Gym yesterday afternoon. The boys in Blue took pins in the 128-pound and 175-pound classes to overwhelm the Varsity in a match which, according to pre-game dope, was liable to go either way.

Dan Ray, now the only undefeated man left on the Crimson squad, won a 12 to 6 decision over the Lion's Phil Conserva in the 145-pound class to rack up three of the six points scored by Harvard. In the other Crimson win, Frank Trinkle beat Ralph Vrana in the 136-pound class by a 6 to 2 margin. Neither Trinkle nor Ray experienced much trouble in winning his bout.

The Lions started on their victory parade when Charles Kiorpes crushed Bill Bluemel of the Crimson by 13 points, winning 16 to 3 at the 121-pound class. Columbia's Sasha Komsa pinned Pete Knox in 7:19 of the third period with a further arm and crotch hold in the next class up the weight scale.

Louria Loses First Match

In the 155-pound slot Ken O'Shaughnessy decisioned Buddy King by the score of 5 to 0. Captain Don Louria of the Crimson lost his first match of the season in a close 6 to 4 decision to 165-pounder John Keenan captain of the Columbia team, while at the 175-pound weight Frank Horvath of the Lions pinned Bob Claflin in 2:23 of the first period with a double bar and head stand.

Two hundred and thirty-pound Hank O'Shaughnessy gave Peter Fuller, the Varsity heavyweight his initial defeat of the current campaign in a hard-fought 7 to 4 decision with Fuller pressing the action all the way.