N. H. Police Seek Gardiner Clue in Carnival Throngs

State police from the Hanover troop of Sergeant Stewart Currier carefully eyed competitors and spectators alike at the Dartmouth winter carnival this weekend, hoping without success to single out the tall form of Sylvester Gardiner '46 enjoying his favorite sport of skiing.

Colonel Ralph W. Caswell from Concord state police headquarters still has not relinquished the search within the borders of New Hampshire last night despite the absence of any new tips throughout Sunday.

Because his college background might induce him to seek reading matter said Caswell, all pulic librarians throughout the state were being supplied as fast as possible with photostats and brief official descriptions of the missing Junior.

Special officer Edward Gelnnon, dispatched to the snow country by Cambridge police headquarters to take part in the hunt, returned two nights ago with the opinion that the testimony of cafe employees in Meredith asserting they had served Gardiner on January 28, was the best clue to work on.