Group Named To Decide on War Memorial

Saltonstall Will Be Chairman of Vet-Filled Committee Picked By Associated Harvard Clubs

Senator Leverett Saltonstall '14, President of the Board of Overseers, will head a graduate committee dominated by veterans and set up by the Alumni Association and the Associated Harvard Clubs to choose an appropriate memorial to the University dead of World War II.

Three of the principal suggestion that will appear on the group's agenda are the Student Council recommendation for a Student Activities Center, a new Medical Center as proposed by Dr. Arlie V. Bock, Henry K. Oliver Professor of Hygiene, and a Music and Arts Center advocated by Joseph Hudnut, Professor of Architecture and Dean of the Faculty of Design.

Committee Roster

The committee members are:

Henry H. Chatfield '39, a World War II veteran, who served with the infantry in Europe and was attached to an Armored Regiment.

Congressman John K. Kennedy '40 (R-Mass.), who served in the Pacific theater during World War II on motor torpedo boats.

Hanford McNider '11, former Assistant Secretary of War and Minister to Canada, a veteran of World War I, and a Brigadier General in World War II.

Frederick R. Moseley '36, who served in the Infantry in the European Theater during World War II.

George A. Percy '17, who was in the Marine Corps in both World War I and World War II.

Nathan Pereles, Jr. '04, who recently retired as Secretary of the Associated Harvard Clubs.

Dr. Augustus Thorndike, Jr. '17, a Navy veteran of World War I, and a member of the World War II Medical Corps in the Pacific Theater.

Robert S. Wolcott '37, who was an Army fighter pilot during World War II, and who later was a prisoner of war in Germany.