Law Forum Meet Debates Ways to Industrial Accord

Labor and management will reach "a stable industrial relationship" on their own "unless the so called statesmen in Washington gum up the works," it was predicted last night by Clinton S. Golden at the law School Forum in Sanders Theater. Golden, long a top policy maker in the CLO and now counsellor to the United Steelworkers, shared the platform with Leo Wolman, professor of labor relations at Columbia, in discussing the topic. "The Causes of Industrial Strikes."

By passing Golden's Contention that labor organizations are still in an "adolescent period" and need "Sympathetic alarm the growth of union "monopoly." "I don't ask the outlawing of strikes," he asserted. "All I say is Let's put the risk back in striking the risk that has been absent in our public policy since 1935."

During the question period following the prepared addresses, a member of the audience expressed the belief that concentrations of labor power should be broken to parallel the anti trust laws.

"Do you think," Golden replied to the accompaniment of lend cheers from the gallery, "that we have succeeded to breaking up the powerful business monopolies"