Readers Gain Liberal Education in Perusal of Daily Classified Column

Classrooms may be one place to obtain a liberal education but avid CRIMSON readers considerably augment this every day scanning the classified columns of Cambridge's only breakfast daily.

Cars, coats, watches, and sundry other items lost, found or for sale form the bulk of the classified advertisements, but every now and then some captivating little item appears which makes readers stop and rub their eyes.

"Information for an Assignation"

By all odds the most interesting of these to run in recent weeks was a little notice that sent Freshmen dashing to dictionaries, and upper classmen to their stationery to reply.

Presumably working under the premise that it pays to advertise, an unidentified Cliffedweller inserted an ad reading "Whistlors, Wanted, information leading to an assignation." What results were produced by the notice, she would not say.

When Hamilton F. Potter, Jr. '50 inserted a notice. "Jilted Freshman desires 120 ibs, of American womanhood" last September, he little expected the results that ensued. Six beauties and two Olobe photographers were on hand when he entered his room that night, and the resulting picture was flashed across the country. The fun ended with a telegram from his father.

Best Buy

Best buy ever offered, over 200 disappointed early rising readers agreed, was a 1941 Buick automobile with all accessories for $350. Residents of the address given who were awakened at sunrise also agreed, and expressed a wish they had known about such a car so that they might buy it.

Ancient vintage cars, deserted by their owners, find their way to the auction block almost daily. Such sterling buys as a Model 34 Marmon a 1933 Pierce Arrow, and a 1932 Cord as well as slightly later models have been offered.

Items for sale appearing in the columns have ranged in size from huge to almost microscopic. The largest object offered was an "almost new" Army PT 18 airplane. Other intriguing goods for sale that found their way into the columns were a cluge maker and a one-armed bandit.