Cast of 'St. Joan' Will Perform for Devens Villagers

Harvardevens Village, University outpost at Ayer, Massachusetts, has invited the cast of "St Joan" to perform at the Village Recreation Hall on Monday evening. This marks the opening of what Donald Hunt '49, Village spokesman, described as an attempt to secure "more good entertainment at Harvardevens."

This problem at the Village has been severe during the winter, for many have not been able to "include the cost of special trips into the city despite the desire for entertainment."

Babysitting Big Problem

Certain peculiar problems are presented by such an evening as that which is forthcoming Monday due to the quality of the Devens community. "For those who wish to attend and cannot obtain babysitters," states Hunt, "the Village Church is arranging to have several babysitters to care for the children in a separate building."

Tickets for the performance are being made available to certain friends of Harvardevens in surrounding communities.

The visit by the VTW is partly experimental, for it is hoped that enough of the Villagers will turn out to make further presentations by University groups possible. The size of Monday's audience will be the determining factor, said Hunt, expressing the hope that residents will show their interest by attending the first production at their theater.