Council Plans Elections for Jubilee Group

Nominations Through Petitions, Council to Precede Elections Of Committee on March 27

Freshman Jubilee Committee elections will be held on Thursday, March 27 in Dudley Hall and the Union, the Student Council announced last night following its meeting in Phillips Brooks House.

Nominees will be selected by the Council from a list of Freshmen submitted by the Union Committee after their meeting Thursday night. Additional nominations, due next Monday, may be made by petitions signed by at least 25 class members. The complete election slate will appear in the CRIMSON Tuesday.

The traditional Freshman spring dance, open to the entire College is tentatively scheduled for the latter part of April in the Union.

Past Campaign Stunts

Jubilee Committee elections in the past have featured such campaign stunts as the swallowing of 13 goldfish and the consumption of 29 ice-cream cones at a single sitting.

Meanwhile, the Council received a letter from the House Masters denying their request to situate undergraduate activities tables in the dining halls. The Masters felt that the dining halls should be "places of eating and good conversation," not commercial aids to extra-curricular activities.

The Council also decided that since no complaints have been raised it would not investigate the new language requirement system.