Freshmen Name Jubilee Group in Voting Thursday

Nominating Petitions for Place On Ballot Due Late Monday; Twenty Signatures Needed

Men in the Class of 1950 will name members to their Jubilee Committee in a special election next Thursday, the Union Committee announced last night. Voting by the Freshmen will take place in the Union, Dudley, and the Houses.

While the date of the annual affair is still undecided, it definitely will be held "if members of the class show enough enthusiasm and really get behind it," James Ward '50, chairman of the Union Committee, said.

Petitions from class members for nomination on the ballot will be received until 5 o'clock Monday in Room Three of the Union, the committee decided. Each petition must be signed by at least 20 men before it is submitted. Men whose ballots have received the required 20 names will automatically be nominated.

Ballots Last Qualifications

Class members will vote for ten men from a ballot of approximately 20 names. Places on the ballot will be assigned to those who submit petitions, and to those nominated by members of the Union Committee. Qualifications of each candidate will be listed on the ballot to aid voters in their choice.

Edric A. Weld '46, treasurer of the Student Council, which sponsors the affair each year, urged '50 men to support the planned event. "I feel sure," he said, "that it can be a financial success if it receives support from every member of the class." Biggest affair of the year for Freshmen, the Jubilee offers a gay weekend of social life.