Healthy, Free, 21, She Left Address At Brooks House

People with a penchant for writing letters will have new worlds to conquer, thanks to the International Student Activities Committee of the Student Council, whose drive for correspondents with foreign students abroad begins today.

Opportunities for striking up acquaintances with all types of people are manifold, according to the tone of the letters which the Committee has been receiving for the last year. The letters tell of heart-breaking tragedy, sincere gratitude, and great hope.

To Answer Letters

The Committee, because of the volume of letters which it has received, has taken up answering them as a project. With the letters on hand at the Council office at Phillips Brooks House from 1 to 5 o'clock, it has issued an appeal for people to come and get them and send replies.

From England came this letter, telling what advantage Harvard students have over another American school:

"I am an English girl of 21 with plenty of interests, including music and dancing of all types, the open-air-life, the theater, and reading. I am writing to Harvard first because H comes before Y in the alphabet. I shall have to try Yale if Harvard is no good."