Music Symposium Ticket Allotment Starts This Afternoon at Paine Hall

Tickets for all events of the three-day "Symposium on Music Criticism" will be distributed today between 2 and 5 o'clock at the Music Building to Harvard and Radcliffe students, the Music Department announced yesterday. Students need only display their Burear's cards to receive free tickets, one to a customer.

Despite the anticipated arrival in Cambridge, in time for Thursday afternoon's opening session, of large numbers of musicians, critics, and music teachers from all parts of the country, between three and four-hundred seats will be available to students for each of the major events.

The schedule:

Thursday, 2:30 o'clock-Meeting in Sanders Theatre; chairman, Archibaid T. Davison. Address by Paul H. Buck. Provost, "The Raison d'Etre Criticism in the Arts"-E. M. Forster; "The Scope of Music Criticism"-Roger Sessions. 6:15 o'clock-Concert of Chamber Music in Sanders Theatre by the Walden String Quartet. New Compositions: Bohuslav Martian, String Quartet; Op. 6; Walter Piston, String Quartet, Op. 3; Arnold Schonenberg, String Trio, Op. 45.

Friday, 10:30 o'clock-Meeting in Sanders Theatre; chairman, Alfred Frankenstein. "The Critiest Nature of a Work of Art"-Edgar Wind; "The Performer as Critle"-Olga Samaroff; "The Art of Judging Music". Virgil Thomson 4:00 o'clock. Meeting for discussion of papers read at the morning session. 6:15 o'clock-Concert of Choral Music in Memorial Church: The Collegiate Chorale, Robert Shaw, Conductor; New compositions: Aaron Copland, "In the Beginning" for chorus a cappela and mezzo soprano solo; Paul Hindemith, "Apparebit Repentino Dies" for chorus and 11 brass instruments; G. Francesco Malipiero, "La Terra" from Virgil's "Georgias" for chorus and organ.

Saturday, 10:30 o'clock-Meeting in Sanders Theatre; Chairman, Olin Downes. "Consequences of the Recorded Performance"-Otto Kinkeldey; "The Equipment of the Music Journalist"-Paul H. Lang; "The Future of Musical Patronage in America"-Huntington Cairns. 4:00 o'clock-Meeting for discussion of papers read at the morning for discussion of papers read at the morning session. 6:15 o'clock-Dance program in the auditorium of the Cambridge High and Latin School; Martha Graham and Company; a new composition; William Schuman, "Night Journey"; a composition: Carlos Chavez, "Dark Meadows.