PBH Blood Drive Goes Over Quota With 326 Pledges

Final Canvassing May Increase Totals; Donations Are Slated To Begin Tomorrow Noon

Post-vacation pledges pushed the Phillips Brooks blood donor totals above the 320 mark yesterday as canvassers spent last evening in a final attempt to garner a few more pledges for the drive opening tomorrow.

Stanley M. Strawson, Jr. '47, chairman of the blood donor committee, stressed the importance of surpassing the earlier quota set for the drive. "We want to make sure that we have more than 300 actual donors," he stated, indicating that last-minute ineligibilities would thus be covered by the extra pledges.

As of last night, a total of 326 pledges had been compiled at the PBH headquarters. Additional returns from several Houses and from pledges gathered last night should raise this total considerably by the time actual donations start tomorrow.

Radcliffe Pledges 12

Massachusetts Hall and Weld Hall, al-smaller in total pledges than several of the larger Houses, held the distinction of having the largest percentage signed up. Included in the totals yesterday were 15 promised donations from the maintenance department and 12 from Radcliffe.

Strawson asked that men signing up today try to arrange to give their blood during the mid-afternoon tomorrow and Thursday or in the early part of Friday afternoon, as the hours around noon and 5 o'clock are rather crowded, especially tomorrow and Thursday.