Voting for Council Due Next Week; '47 Elects 12 Man Class Committee

Drop Eligibility Rules

House elections to the '48 Student Council will be held Thursday, April 24, with Class balloting following the next Tuesday, April 29, Council President Richard G. Axt '46 announced last night.

Nomination meetings in the seven undergraduate Houses and Dudley Hall are scheduled for the first three days next week and the Council has appointed a 15-man committee to select nominees for the two Council posts open to both the incoming Junior and Senior Classes.

Meeting next week, Freshmen will nominate members of their group for the three Sophomore positions to be filled on the Council. Nominations may be also made by petitions, with 20 signatures required in House elections and 25 in Class elections.

Houses Meet to Nominate

With quorums necessary for nomination, Houses will assemble to choose Council nominees in their common rooms on the following evenings next week:

Monday--Adams, Kirkland, and Winthrop Houses; Tuesday--Eliot and Leverett Houses; and Wednesday--Dunster and Lowell Houses. The Dudley Hall meeting will be announced later and two present Council members will attend all gatherings to outline Council work of the year and answer questions.

"Normally electees from the Junior and Senior Classes would be '48 and '49 members. The confused Class system resulting from the war forces as temporarily to abandon this eligibility rule and govern nominees as well as voters by whether they have two or four regular terms remaining in College," Axt said.