Editor--Wives Brave Administrative Maze in Search of 'Press Freedom'

Rising our of the question of "censorship" of their bi-weekly newspaper, the "Free Press," three Harvardevens wives futilely shuttled among Yard offices yesterday in search of the official administrative word.

When Fletcher Taft '07, Resident Manager at Harvardevens, two weeks ago asked to "see" their paper before each printing, Mrs. Marie Williams, Mrs. Sonia Landes, and Mrs. Marion Olson, the editors, objected on the grounds that other University publications were free of any restrictions by the "management."

In answer to charges that he was enroaching on one of the essential freedoms, Taft pointed out last night that paper and mimeographing facilities for the publication are supplied by the University and that he desired only to "correct it for facts."

Seeking some higher authority to settle the question, the editors of the "Free Press"--whose motto is "Free of Charge and Free of Bias"-invaded the Housing Office for information. From there they were directed to Records and publications.

Records and Publications lacking any knowledge of standard procedure for the suburban press, the ladies moved on to Dean Watson's office, from which they were guided to Lehman Hall. The afternoon odyssey ended back at the Housing office, where it was suggested they pass on to Provost Buck.

Provost Buck being unavailable, the editors returned to Harvardevens to prepare dinner. The status of the "Free Press, is still undetermined.