Golfers Win Fifth As 76 by Wilcox Helps Defeat B.U.

Varsity golf sticks received their fifth victory notch of the season yesterday, when Boston University succumbed to a well-grooved Crimson team, 5 1/2 to 3 1/2, at Riverside Golf Course.

The strokers rank with the crew as the only undefeated College Varsity. Two intercollegiate tournaments and a possible Yale match remain to be played.

It was the golfera' first really "fair-weather" match so far, and the long-awaited absence of rain and cold resulted in lowered Varsity scores. Tyke Wilcox, number one man, pulled a 76 out of the bag to win his fourth individual match in five starts--he lost only to the Maine Amateur Champ--and no one tallied over Pa).

The Summary:

Wilcox defeated Flynn (B.U.), 2 and 1; Savidge tied Bates (B.U.); Wilcox and Savidge defeated Flynn and Bates (B.U.); Wormstad (B.U.) defeated Orr, 1 up; Astor (B.U.) defeated Kiunicutt, 1 up; Wormsted and Astor (B.U.) defeated Kinnientt and Orr; Noble defeated Maker (B.U.), 4 and 3; Robb defeated Hooker (B.U.), 4 and 3; Noble and Robb defeated Maker and Hooker (B.U.).