1140 Returnees Expected to Bring Summer Enrollment to 1400 Today

250 Registered Friday

Insatiable Mem Hall will open wide its cavernous maw once again this morning to gobble up an expected summer registration morsel of 1140 students returning from the spring term to hike enrollment figures in the College to 1400.

Final grades for the spring term will be available in Memorial Hall today from 1 to 5 o'clock.

On Friday, more than 250 new veteran enrollees, men returning from leaves of absence, and special students sneaked under the turnstile to get in on the last 12-week summer session on the three-term-a-year basis. Henceforth, there will be merely an eight-week summer school with no ties to the regular fall and winter terms.

8:30 to 5

From 8:30 to 5 o'clock today, University administrative officials will be passing out manila envelopes to the summer registrants, who will get no more vacation after today, since classes have their first meetings tomorrow.

University Hall has called attention to the fact that the composition of these classes will be different from that of previous summer terms and, for that reason, the courses have been pitched on a different, higher level.

No new Freshmen, directly from high school, were allowed to register for the summer, they explained last week, and of Friday's almost entirely veteran enrollment, only a few will be starting their first year. Thus, there are more middle group and less elementary survey courses offered this term.

1000 Graduate Students

Approximately 1000 graduate students squeezed into Farlow House before the doors closed to give the Faculty of Arts and Sciences a crew of about 2400 to work with this summer.

While today's registrants have only the rigors of book-buying to contend with this week, the new enrollees have, for today, an orientation meeting at 9 o'clock in New Lecture Hall, a preliminary meeting of English Aa at 4 o'clock in the same place, and a Hygiene Department meeting at 5 o'clock, also in New Lecture Hall.