Colored Balloons, Confetti Out, but 25th Reunion Still Tradition-Draped

1,100 '22 Graduates, Families Expected to Lead Alumni Parade Today to Harvard-Yale Baseball Game at Soldiers Field; Dances, Concerts, Lecture Symposium Fill Program

Spectators will have to look hard to find any colored balloons and confetti this afternoon when more than 1,100 graduates of the Jubilee Class of 1922 and their wives and children lead the general alumni parade to the Harvard-Yale baseball game at Soldiers Field.

Still, although much of the pre-war hoopla will be missing, there will be tradition to spare. H. S. Payson Rowe, Vice-President of the New England Division of the Associated Harvard Clubs and Reunion Chairman, has had charge of class committees which have been working for several years planning today's 25th Reunion.

Junior Has Day, Too

This afternoon's parade marks one of the highlights in a crowded, four-day program of festivities which began Monday with softball at Soldiers Field, tours of the University and a noonday swim at the Indoor Athletic Building Pool, and which will wind up tomorrow afternoon with a farewell tea at Eliot House.

Monday's itinerary included an afternoon tea and address by President Conant, and an evening at the Pops. Children of returning alumni have been enjoying their own reunion program, which has included special excursions around the University, a trip to the Charlestown Navy Yard, and much splashing about in the Indoor Athletic Building Pool.

Lecture Symposium Today

Yesterday, some of the more rugged fresh air fans of the Class braved the elements for a day at the Essex Country Club, and last night there was an informal square dance at the Union.

This morning, class members will take time out from their merrymaking long enough to listen to various lecture symposium speakers discuss subjects ranging from "the Theatre in Paris" to "The Place of Navi Aircraft in National Defense." Following the ball game, Class members will gather at the Harvard Club of Boston at 6:30 o'clock for the Men's Class Dinner. Wives and offspring will have supper at the Hotel Somerset, where they will be joined by their husbands at 10 o'clock for an evening of dancing.

Tomorrow, R. Keith Kane, of New York, will lead '22 graduates in the Commencement procession as Chief Marshall of the Class. The 25th anniversary Class traditionally holds an honored position at Commencement Ceremonies.