Seniors Convene This Morning for Traditional Class Day Ceremonies

Stem Is Class Orator

Graduation week festivities will approach the 1941 norm in all respects but one this morning when the Senior Class marches into the Kirkland-Eliot-Winthrop Triangle at 11 o'clock for Class Day Exercises. The only omission is the parade to the Stadium, with the traditional confetti battle.

As a prelude to the Triangle program today where the graduating students will enter the alumni ranks, 250 couples cavorted last night--until about 3 o'clock this morning--at the Senior Spread in the Lowell and Winthrop dining halls.

Commencement Tomorrow

In like fashion, today's activities are a prelude to Commencement tomorrow morning. At 9 o'clock tomorrow, special services will begin for the graduating students in Memorial Church and, about a half hour later, the degree candidates will form in front of Thayer Hall to march to their seats in Tercentenary Theater.

Attired in caps and gowns, this morning the Seniors--led by First Marshal Thomas L. P. O'Donnell '47, Second Marshal Robert Cowen 2nd '47, Second Marshal Robert Cowen 2nd '47, and Third Marshal William M. Ayres '47--will parade into the House Triangle to music by the University Band.

Dean Sperry will offer an opening prayer, following which Philip M. Stern '47 and Herbert MacArthur '45 will deliver the Class Oration and Class Poem respectively. Ivy Orator Peter W. Fay '45 will then make the traditional humorous address to the Class.

O'Donnell, who, as First Marshal, will conduct the Exercise, will transfer the Senior Class banner and colors to representatives of the Freshman Class.

Alumni Welcome

Following the colors presentation, the president of the Alumni Association, Laird Bell '04, and the president of the Associated Harvard Clubs, Ralph Lowell '12, will mark the metamorphosis from undergraduate to alumnus.

The ceremony will conclude with the singing of the Class Ode, composed by Harold C. Fleming '44, a benediction by Dean Sperry, and music by the band.

Luncheon at Kirkland for Seniors and their guests, the Yale baseball game, dinner at Kirkland, a Glee Club and Band concert in the Triangle at 8 o'clock, and dancing at Kirkland and Winthrop will fill the remainder of the day.

Sunny but cool is the weatherman's early morning forecast of today's weather. If he should be wrong, Triangle exercises will be conducted in the Indoor Athletic Building.