Adams-Dunsters Have Field Day as Eliot Takes Count in 15-5 Slugfest; Harrison, Grotty Pace Winning Nine

In a free hitting, heavy scoring contest, the Adams-Dunster baseball team handed a once-beaten Eliot nine a 15 to 5 trimming yesterday to go into a tie with the Deacons for the intramural league lead.

Bill Foster, who pitched a full game for Eliot Monday, lasted four innings for the losers before being relieved by John Young. Adams-Dunster cause, setting down after three fairly wild innings to complete five frames before bowing to Tom Sylvester in the last.

Unlike Monday's game, in which there were only five hits, yesterday's contest saw almost every man on each team collecting at least one safety. The fielding, too, was somewhat looser, although most of the aggregate runs of 20 were accounted for by well-tagged balls.

Two Triples

Included in the barrage layed down by the Adams-Dunster batters, were two long triples. Pitcher Crotty dropped one into right center field with two on in the third but a powerful heave cut him down trying to stretch it into a home run.

Dick Harrison, who figured in the Deacons' scoring Monday, was no less of a threat playing for Adams-Dunster as he collected the second three-sacker of the day, again with two on, but this time in the sixth.