Samborski Announces Late Summer Ball Schedule Opening Wednesday

A late summer baseball schedule consisting of two outside games and two out of three series between two informal teams was announced yesterday by Coach Adolph W. Samborski '26, Samborski, said that he would pick the team for the outside contest from the standout players in the pickup clashes.

First outside game Samborski said will be with the Middlesex Club of Water-town Wednesday at 3:30 o'clock at Soldiers Field. A yet unnamed team from the First Naval District will furnish the opposition for the second extra-mural contest on the following Wednesday.

Varsity Material

Lending Varsity experience in the outside contests will be Bill Fitz, Varsity first baseman, and Jack Forte, first string captain and second baseman. Pitchers on Samborski's list of possible starters are Bill Harrison and Bill Foster, with either George Strout or Bill Hickey as battery mates. John Harrison is at shortstop, and Bob Carlson at third base. In the outfield George Taylor or Fred Glimp, Bob Peterson, Chip Gannon, and Dick Guidera are among the possible starters.

Opposing captains of the two pickup teams Chip Gannon and Bucky Harrison, are now busy lining up their men for the intra-college series which will open Monday. Harrison, nicknamed the "Toe" for his place kicking on the JV's and Varsity, is no stranger to his opposite number Gannon, the Crimson's star half-back of last season.

Second game in the pickup series, Samborski said, will be on August 11 with the playoff if necessary on August 14.

The pickup series Samborski said was arranged when a recent survey revealed that inter-house teams were undermanned and generally very weak.