N.S.A. Report Gets Council Views Today

General Ballot May Settle on Affiliation

The case for the College's affiliation with the National Student Association will come before the Student Council will come before the Student Council tonight at 7:15 o'clock.

Recommendation for affiliation will be made in a report submitted at that time by the same six-man delegation that attended the NSA's constitutional congress at Madison, Wisconsin, earlier this month.

If the report is approved, the question of official association will be submitted to the student body for a general referendum "In the near future," Edric A. Weld, Jr. '46, Council president, predicted last night. Although affiliation with the newly-organized group could be made by Council vote alone, Weld believes the move is of sufficient importance to warrant a College-wide ballot.

Six-Man Delegation

The NSA report, including the proposal that the Council vote for affiliation, will be submitted in person by the three delegates and their alternates who took part in the seven-day convention at Madison. They are Francis D. Fischer '48, Frederrick D. Houghteling '50, Selig S. Harrison, '48, William J. Richard, Jr. '49, David C. Poskanzer '50, and Weld himself.

Most of the report to the Council will be an account of the Madison conference, and the material part that the Harvard delegation played in its sessions, Weld said, although a brief sketch of the earlier organizational history of the NSA will also be included.

Open For Questions

Weld added that the individual delegates will be glad to supplement the report with any desired information relative to the particular panels and sub-committees on which they worked at the congress.

The College delegation to Madison was hand-picked by the Council last spring, after an extensive screening of candidates. Of the six members, Weld and Richards are the only two who now hold Council positions.

In addition to the NSA report, other items on the Council agenda for tonight's meeting include committee reports.