"THE H BOOK" WILL BE READY FOR DISTRIBUTION WITHIN THREE WEEKS

OWEN MAY BEAT LETTER RECORD OF G. P. GARDNER

"The H Book of Harvard Athletics" will be ready for distribution on February 5 according to John Adams Blanchard '91, who is editing the volume. The book is a history of Harvard's athletic contests with Yale; or if Yale and Harvard did not meet in any year, then of the competition between Harvard and its most important opponent, ever since these contest began. There are 250 illustrations inserted in the 625 pages of the book which is being published by the Harvard Varsity Club and printed by the Harvard University Press.

Each branch of sport is treated separately, arranged in the order in which the competitions with Yale began--rowing, baseball, football, track and field athletics, hockey and, finally, brief statements about lawn tennis and golf, for the "H" is given to Harvard men who win the intercollegiate tennis championship in singles or doubles and to men who win the intercollegiate golf championship.

At the end of the book there is an alphabetical list of the men who are, or have been, entitled to wear the "H" from the earliest days to the end of the academic year 1921-22. The list shows that G. P. Gardner '10 has won his letter in four sports, more than any other man. Apparently, however, no one has to his credit as many "H's" as George Owen '23 will hold. Unless he is injured or some unforeseen event occurs, when he ends his college career next June, he will be entitled to nine major letters--three each in football, hockey and baseball.

Complete Scores of All Games

The book contains complete scores of every Harvard-Yale baseball game and similar statistics about every football game, track meet, and boat race between the two colleges. Moreover, it contains photographs of every team with a few exceptions, which, so far as is known, were never photographed. A feature of the volume is the fact the all reports and figures have involved the most careful research in contrast to ordinary records, even contemporary ones, which were often incomplete and erroneous.

The price of this book to those who send in their applications before the publication on February 5 is $5.50, but when it is placed on public sale it will cost $7.50. Any undergraduates who wish to apply may do so at Leavitt and Peirce's or may communicate directly with the Harvard Varsity Club, 201 Devonshire street, Boston.