TRACK MEN IN MEET TODAY

University and Freshman Runners to Take Part in Open Handicap Events of Y. M. C. A. Contest in Boston

The University and Freshman track teams will open their indoor season at 7:30 o'clock this evening when Coach Martin will try out the more prominent men on his squad in the open handicap athletic meet of the Young Men's Christion Association in Boston. Over forty men have been entered for this meet, but probably only a part of them will compete.

In the short dashes, there is not so much material as might be desired, but Vinton Chapin '23, a member of the team last year, is outstanding, W. L. Chapin '25 is showing up exceedingly well in long distance running and may be used in either the 1000-yard or mile events as well as the shorter runs. The two mile relay race, which will be one of the more important events in the later meets this winter, will probably be composed of Captain J W. Burke '23, E. G. Lund '23, J. E. Merrill '24, and J. H. Sherburne '24.

With the Millrose A. A. games in New York on January 31, and the B. A. A. meet three days later, Coach Martin has been working systematically on the wealth of new material placed at his disposal this season as well as the stars of last year's squad. Although only a few men will represent the University in the meet at New York, the B. A. A. games will afford an opportunity for a large part of the squad to show the results of early season work.