Large Freshman Sports Program Planned As 3 Touch Football Leagues Take Shape

Seven Man Committee Runs Yard Athletics

Harvard Freshmen will at last enjoy the facilities of a year-round intramural sports program," Bob Ross, assistant secretary of the Union, announced yesterday. Ross added that a committee of seven Freshmen have already been selected to supervise the program, and the plans for touch football round-robin leagues have been formulated.

The seven Yearlings elected to the board are: Jerry Dorman, Bob Rowe, Gerry Murphy, Dave Hutchinson, Dave Graham, Tom Fraher and Tom Rogers.

Competition Beings Oct. 25

According to a committee report, the football competition will begin October 25, and continue until about November 16. Although the exact number of teams is not yet known, the committee hopes that two or three leagues of eight teams each can be formed, with first place teams vying for the Yard championship. Hope was also expressed that Yale might send a Freshman squad to compete here on Friday preceding the traditional Eli clash.

This is the first year that such a Freshman program has been undertaken, and the student board plans to run it on a basis similar to the House League. Intramural competition will also be offered in basketball, baseball, tennis, and squash. Weekly participation in intramurals automatically fulfills the Freshman athletic requirement.

Any men interested in this program who have not yet been contacted by members of the committee or hall captains appointed by the committee, should see their proctor today, as all football teams must be completed by Monday evening.