The Old Army Game

Football tickets have been the source of undergraduate gripes since Harvard began playing in the Stadium. All-male cheering sections, goal-lne seats for Seniors--these have brought perennial complaints. But in dealing with visiting colleges, the H.A.A. has always offered courtesy, hospitality, and decent seats.

The Army Athletic Association, faced with the problem of providing space in Michie Stadium for several thousand Harvard spectators, has apparently acted in haste and with indiscretion. Several hundred of the best seats in the Crimson sections, seats which should have gone to students, alumni, and former "H" men, were withdrawn by West Point Officials for "non-working press and pre-season commitments." It now appears that these tickets have been sold by the Army box office into channels which brought them to New York speculators for public sale.

Whatever the reason for this peculiar distribution, West Point officials have not shown their weekend guests much of their traditional and beloved courtesy. A visiting student certainly has a more legitimate claim to good seats than the general public. And a Harvard man ought to be just as good a $4.00 risk as the next guy.