Senator Wayne Morse Speaks at HYRC Inter-College Rally Tonight

Hoping for a "clincher" in the University political-race, the Young Republican Club will spring Oregon Senator Wayne Morse in an address at 8 p.m. tonight in the New Lecture Hall.

Charles K. McWhorter 3L, president of the HYRC, threw open the doors for tonight's speech to "anyone at all." He also intimated that other business taken up at the meeting would be "exceedingly interesting," and would concern politics in the Harvard community.

At 4:30 p.m. today Senator Morse attends a reception in the Dunster House senior common room to which all HYRC members have been invited. McWhorter added that representatives from all the Republican "21" clubs in nearby colleges are welcome.

Senator Morse was a member of the National War Labor Board from 1942 to 1944. He was elected to the Senate in November, 1944 and serves until January, 1951. Making a national swing this year on behalf of the Republican cause, Morse hits Boston on one of his final steps. After the University meeting tonight, he will appear downtown for another address.