Alice Gilbert Quits as 'Cliffe's NSA Delegate

Still Regional Chairman

Alice Gilbert '49 resigned yesterday as Radcliffe delegate to N.S.A. in order to devote more time to her duties as regional chairman of the Association. Her resignation was accepted by the Radcliffe Student Council.

Mary Hall '50 will be promoted to fill the post of Annex delegate and Irene Tinker '49 was appointed alternate delegate for a shortened term of office until Student Government elections in February.

Miss Gilbert, who was confirmed as chairman of the northern New England region last Saturday, will still sit on the Annex Council as second vice-president of Student Government, but will pass on the paperwork and organization of Radcliffe's NSA project--a tri-nations tour--to her successor.

Besides the series of NSA resignations and appointments, which go into effect this morning, the Council also set up the machinery of Freshman Class and Student Government elections.

The Class of '52 will nominate and vote for their officers during the next two weeks, without waiting for the nod from the Dean's Office on candidate's academic standing. Freshman elections will be run by Luretta Davis '49, president of the Senior Class and '52 advisor.

Longer range plans for Student Government elections went on the books yesterday when the Council set the date for the all-college polling in the first week of March--a two or three week jump on balloting of previous years. The elections have been moved back in order to allow Senior Student Government officers a wide margin for handing in theses and studying for finals.

The Council ended yesterday's session by granting the U.N. Council of Radcliffe a one-year charter.