Student Government Takes Air to Explain Mass Meeting

Radcliffe's Student Government will take the air at 9:30 p.m. next Tuesday to preview the topics of Wednesday's mass meeting in Agassiz Theatre.

Pros and cons of the two main issues--possible abolition of the 100-girl assembly and a new system of checking books out of the Annex Library--will be debated by four Student Government members. Joan Projansky '49 will moderate the half-hour program.

Sylvia Larrabee '49 and Jane Rainie '50 will argue on opposite sides of the assembly question. The proposal to end the student legislative body came before the Student Council this year because of insufficient attendance at the Monday meetings of the assembly.

An all-college vote will settle the assembly's fate next week.

Charlotte Horwood '49, former head of the library committee, and Barbara Heanue '49, Senior class representative on the Council, will discuss the library situation which now focuses on the poor check-out system. Annex students take out books overnight or for two-hour periods by signing the book cards and walking off with the books.

Dozens of books disappear yearly under the arms of students who have forgotten to sign and leave the cards.

Student Government officials set the precedent for previewing the mass meeting debates last year when two association officers went on the air to present their views on compulsory subscriptions to the Radcliffe News.

Both Agassiz Theater and Agassiz living room will be thrown open Wednesday noon for the first all-college meeting of the term. Overflow crowds will be seated in the living room.