Eliot Nips Adams 13-7 to Remain Unbeaten, Untied

A fourth-quarter pass covering 40 yards kept the Eliot House football team's unbeaten, untied record safe yesterday, as the Elephants humbled a heavy Adams squad, 13 to 7.

In the day's only other oHuse football game, Winthrop overcame a 6 to 0 half-time deficit to vanquish Lowell House, 13 to 6.

In the day's only other House football drew first blood when Dave Wheeler plunged into pay-dirt midway through the initial period. The conversion attempt failed.

After a scoreless second stanza, Adams forged into the lead on a 70-yard off-tackle run and a successful kick for the extra point.

But midway in the last quarter, Eliot took the lead for keeps as Dave McGiffert tossed to Jim Rossiter to make the score 12 to 7, and then added the extra point on a toss to Wilder.

In the Winthrop-Lowell duel, the Winthrop squad got hot in the second half and put over two scores to win the game.

The Winthrop attack was featured by a beautiful line plunge play in which both Lowell guards were double-teamed and the ball carrier poured through behind heavy intereference to go 78 yards for a touchdown.