All Roads Lead to Ithaca As Big Exodus Commences

Far above Cayuga's waters there's a college called Cornell and it's accessible by train, bus, plane, and car, Boston transportation authorities reported last night.

In order to arrive in time for the Crimson-Big Red tilt at 2 p.m. tomorrow, local students may:

(1) Take a Boston and Albany train, leaving South Station today either at 11 a.m., 3 p.m. or 10:30 p.m. The trains arrive at Syracuse at 7:35 p.m., 10:40 p.m. tonight, and 9:35 a.m. tomorrow. There are regular bus connections from Syracuse to Ithaca.

The two early trains are coaches exclusively, with the fare of $24.16 round trip. The late train has pull man coaches and the fare is $40.12 round trip.

(2) Board a Greyhound bus at Park Square for Syracuse, changing there for Ithaca. Best runs scheduled are 1 p.m. today, arriving at Syracuse at 11:55 p.m. and 6:45 p.m. today, arriving Syracuse 5:55 a.m. tomorrow. Round trip tariff is $12.45.

(3) Journey to the American Airlines terminal at East Boston Logan Airport and embark for Syracuse at 7:20 a.m. tomorrow, arriving at 9:56 a.m. Fare for the round trip is $37.49.

(4) Embark by car in the vicinity of Harvard Square and follow the route plainly marked on the Crimson map (above.)

(5) Squeeze in with Lloyd Georgeson, Adams A-12, who is winging Cayugawards in a private plane.