Politicians Schedule Finales Tonight

Young Republicans will stage a torchlight rally tonight in the only big-scale windup of the local presidential campaign.

Neither the Truman nor Wallace forces have announced any plans for a last-minute plea to College voters. The Wallaceites will join a parade tonight in downtown Boston, however.

HYRC mobilizes in front of John Harvard's statue tonight at 7:30 p.m. for a half-hour of short speeches, noisemakers, banners, and music. A "GOP beauty queen" from a local college will also be on hand.

Club officers hope to auction off a date with the Queen, but haven't decided what the price will be.

At 5 p.m. today, Committee for Wallace members will meet at Harvard Hall and embark in cars for a torchlight parade through Boston. The Wallaceites may also spring some stunts in the College today and tomorrow, and will distribute leaflets in front of the polls.

All of the clubs, including the Liberal Union, will send watchers to local polling-places and help get out the vote in Cambridge and Boston.

The Young Republicans will also stage the biggest election-night victory celebration. Memorial Hall has been turned over to their festival, which lasts from 8 p.m. to 1 a.m. Free beer, dancing, radio, and television are on the bill.

The HYRC will introduce the winners of its two recent contests at the celebration. Lester L. Ward '52 has received a free Yale weekend for the best essay on "Why Dewey Should be Elected," while Donald M. Long '49 will get a biography of Herbert Hoover for writing "The Worst Thing a Republican Can be Called in 12 Words or Less."

Long said that "Republicans are Reactionary, Eccentric, Plutocratic, Upperclass, Bigoted, Logomachistic, Imperialistic, Crafty, Autocratic, and Nationalistic."