Dunster Trips Lowell Squad, Dudley Loses

The bottom of the order started churning yesterday in the House Football League as Dunster swatted Lowell, 12 to 7, and Leverett won its first game of the season with a 26 to 6 victory over Dudley.

Keeping their feet solidly on the ground, mostly with power plays through the middle, the Funsters first scored at the end of the opening quarter when Chuck MacDonald pushed over right tackle, at the end of a sustained drive. The buck for extra point failed.

In the second period Lowell bounced back as a crafty Dunster quick kick bounded off a lineman's tall and was recovered on the three-yard line by Lowell. Two plays sufficed for the score, Fred Donahoe bucking over. A pass, Bob Woodruff to Donahoe, made the score 7 to 6 at the half.

Dunster Rally

Wasting no time in the third period, Dunster, sparked by the powerful line play of guards Tom O'Shea and Jake Nackshian and center Bob Kelly rolled down the field on its bucks and power pushes. Murray Pearlstein burst over center from the 12 and scored standing up, but the extra point buck again failed. A wild passing spree failed to help Lowell in the closing minutes of the game.

Next door, on Soldiers Field, the Leverett Bunnies finally found their scoring punch as they outpassed and outran an understaffed Dudley eleven. The Commuters shot their bolt in the first ten plays of the game, as they sprung a succession of naked and plain reverses on a baffled Leverett line, and scored easily.

Leverett Throws

The Bunnies were taking no nonsense, however, and fought back with a pair of TD passes to Bill Opel from Broward Craig and left halfback Bradbury. Opel also converted to make the score 13 to 6 at the half.

In the fourth period, Leverett let go another blast, with Jerry Gallow running wild all over the field.