Radcliffe Hockey Team Shuts Out Jackson, 1-0

Cut Lip Benches One

Radcliffe's hockey squad downed Jackson College, 1 to 0, in a hard-fought contest on the Medford green yesterday.

An injury in the first five minutes of play forced Dianne Jones '52 out of the game. Nina Emerson '49, replacing the hurt left inner, scored the winning goal for Radcliffe in the last two minutes of the first half.

Jackson came out fighting for the second stanza, but scientific fieldwork by the 'Cliffe team thwarted every scoring attempt by the other squad. Pat Hughes '49 led the backfield in several brilliant plays.

Girl-to-Girl Coverage

Different methods used by Jackson in covering its opponents presented a major difficulty to the "Cliffe squad. Individual by three of four Jackson backs simultaplayers often found themselves marked neously. Radcliffe is accustomed to using girl-to girl tactics.

Although the "Cliffe front line pushed the ball down-field rapidly, failure to rush the goal kept the score low. Confusion caused by the continually shifting Jackson backfield also prevented the Annex team from rolling up more points.

Tuesday, the victorious squad faces Pine Manor and Friday, Pembroke. Both games will be away.

The line-up: parsons, l.w; Jones, D., l.i.; Loring, d.f.' Guild, r.i.; Silverman, r.w.; Hughes, lhb; McCormick, chb; Johnson, rhb.; Jones C., fb.; Beatley, fb; Vincent, g.

Spares: Emerson and Marshall.