Incipient 'Crimson Key' To Fete Visiting Teams

College Group to Seek Council Acceptance

The Cantab cold shoulder, long-established treatment for athletes invading Crimson territory, is on the way out at last.

Entertainment by a proposed society of hosts, titled the "Crimson Key," will bring local hospitality to visiting musclemen and dignitaries up to recognized Ivy League and human standards, if and when the draft constitution, prepared by a group of students brought together under erstwhile varsity football manager William P. Hall '46, is accepted by the College.

"We are thirty years behind other eastern colleges in out good neighbor policy," said co-founder Patrick D. Dalley '50 last night as he described the make up of the incipient "Key," worked out by Dailey (who is chairman of the Student Council's H.A.A. committee), Hall, Vincent W. Jones, Jr. '45, and Edward L. Maguire '46.

The constitution, after clearing through the College organizations whose delegates will make up the membership of the "Key," will be presented to the Council for ratification this spring.

Executive Board

Plans call for an executive board made up of one member from each House, ten representatives chosen from team managers and captains, and single representatives from the CRIMSON, Glee Club, Band, WHRV and others. In addition, there will be a working core of more active-members who will rise to the executive board through competitions, which will be open to twenty sophomores each year.

The four men who have acted to fill this "College lack" have been corresponding with Ivy League societies like the Green Key at Dartmouth and the Orange Key at Princeton.

Commenting on the Crimson Key constitution which resulted, Dean Bendor characterized Harvard hospitality up to now as bordering on rudeness, and enthusiastically endorsed the new proposal.