Educators See Increased Demand For Secondary School Instructors

For the first time since its February debut, the Placement Office's job conference bit a brief note of optimism last night when Claude M. Fuess and Wade L. Grindle told an Eliot House audience that the "door to independent and public school teaching is wide open."

Fuess, Headmaster of Andover, declared that "teaching offers more satisfaction than any other job on earth." He added that the profession requires more personality than training, since "the best teacher is the man who luakes a definite impact on those he instructs."

"The future in teaching, is much brighter than the past," said Grindle Principal of Winchester High School. "The profession is becoming less and less a stepping stone to scene other career."

David E. Owen, Chairman of the History Department warned against choosing teaching only to escape the rough going of the outside world white Dana M. Cotton placement director for the Graduate School of Education, cited the salary schedule now existing in public schools. Dean Bander served as moderator.