Dunster Regains First Place Draw In Court League

Dunster slid back into a first place tie with Winthrop in the see-saw intramural basketball loop last night by topping Kirkland 42 to 31. Each team has but one remaining game.

The Funsters were hot whom it counted as they overcame a 22 to 10 first quarter deficit to knot the score at 26-all at half-time and forge ahead in the third stanza. In the other scheduled contest, Eliot defeated Leverett, winding up on top of a 43 to 32 count.

Early morning cold hold no qualms for the Winthrop skaters yesterday, as they outscored Lowell, 4 to 2, in a close game at the Boston Skating Club. At the halfway mark, the score was tied at two goals apiece, but the Puritans' forward line countered twice again to clinch the tilt.

In the two-loop Yard basketball tourney, Matthews South clinched second place in League II after overcoming a scrappy Massachusetts quintet, 19 to 18, in overtime. Undefeated Mower holds undisputed possession of first place.

In League I, Wold North, also undefeated, is at the top of the ladder, with Matthews North and Lionel fighting it out for second place.