Five Major Weekend Events Crowd Crimson Sports Scene

Basketball, Track Highlight Tomorrow's Picture

Industrious H.A.A. officials outdid themselves in drawing up the weekend sports agenda, slating five major games in the Blockhouse, Arena, and Garden Saturday afternoon and evening. Discriminating sports fans will have trouble choosing on which grandstand to park themselves and their dates during the event-packed day.

Coach Barclay's Varsity quintet will throw its record, bottom grimace on the Ivy League totem pole, onto the Arena court against the Eli at 9:30 o'clock in a do-or-die attempt to save its season. Yale stands sixth in the seven-team circuit with an unimpressive two-win, seven-loss record to the Crimson's one victory and seven defeats.

At 8 o'clock, the track team will take to the Garden boards in the annual Heptagonal games. Three field events--broad-jumping, shot, and the 35-pound weight throw--will be run off in Briggs Cage at 2:30 o'clock.

At the same time as the Eli basketball and Heptagonal track contests, the Harvards will play host to Penn swimmers in the Blockhouse pool at 8:15 o'clock. The Quakers sank Dartmouth 43 to 32 three weeks ago, the same score by which the Crimson took the Indians February 13. The Crimson's undefeated tank record rides precariously on the outcome of Saturday's meet.

Grappiers Seem Even

Paper statistics on the Crimson and Blue wrestling squads make the outcome of Saturday's mat-fest a meet point. Yale's tangle with Princeton, 13 to 13, throws the Crimson's loss to the Tigers, 15 to 9, into sharp relief.

The fencing team has been on the upsweep since its initial loss to Cornell, and has won the last three matches in quick succession. They cross with Columbia in the Blockhouse at 2:30 o'clock.