Wrestlers, Track Team Highlight Eli Weekend

Cadets, Yale Vie With Crimson In Hep Meet

By Stephen. N. Cady

Yale, Army and possibly the Crimson are expected to bog most of the points in the first indoor Hops (switched back from Nonagonals because it suggests more pep) track and field meet at Briggs Cage and the Garden this afternoon and evening.

Upwards of 300 athletes from Dartmouth, Navy, Penn, Princeton, Columbia, Cornell, and the above three colleges pack the 13-event program.

Opening shot of the meet will be fired in Briggs Cage at 1:30 o'clock when the 35-pound weight throwers, shot putters, and broad jumpers get rolling.

Trimble Still Out

Don Trimble, Varsity shotputter who was hit in the back with a thrown weight Tuesday, is out of Stillman but still unable to compete. "If that weight had hit anybody else." Coach Mikkola said yesterday, "we might have had a funeral." Another muscular shotputter, Geoff Tootell, is off probation now though, and will fill the gap.

Afternoon trials in the dash, hurdles, 600, and 1000 will be held at the Garden, with the qualifiers getting into night time festivities, which start at the Garden around 8:30 o'clock.

Probable Varsity pointmen: S. Felton, R. Forsyth--35-pound weight; G. Tootell--shot; A. Lockett, W. Lawrence--pole vault; J. Spivak--60-yard dash; F. Gurley--1000; A. Ruby, D. Hamblait. H. Thayer, A. Edelman--one mile relay.